Wednesday, June 9, 2010

Welcome to the Arts Bog!

Yes, you probably are in the wrong place. This is the first, but not necessarily last post on the new Arts Bog. I wanted to post some of the recent paintings I've done, but it didn't feel appropriate posting them to any of my writing blogs, where I comment on things that are of very little value to anyone. I thought art deserved its own page, where it wouldn't have to share living space with ramblings about traffic lights and hangovers.

Why the title? Well for starters, Arts Blog was taken.* Close enough. It gives me a theme to work with. Art floating around in a bog - at least a bog is a tangible thing existing in nature. Where are you going to find a blog in nature? Look around you right now (please turn away from the computer), do you see any blogs sitting around you right now? If someone showed you a bear, a medium-sized body of water, and a poinsetta, would you be able to identify which is most similar in nature to a "blog"? You would not, because blogs are not found in nature, or inside of a Wal-Mart. They cannot even be scientifically engineered in laboratories.

Also I hoped someone trying to locate the "Arts Blog" would misspell and accidentally, serendipitously, and regrettably end up here instead. If this is you, I'd advise you to stick around. Snacks may be made available!

All art is for sale, unless I decide I don't really feel like selling it to you. If interest level is high enough I may also become available for sale to the highest and most attractive bidder.


*I hadn't meant to imply that http://artsblog.blogspot.com was taken, but I love the fact that it is, and it's taken by an actual kid named Art, who posted once in 2003 because his sister (or mother? Omitted.) reads his personal diary. We never did hear from Art again, so I think we can safely assume that he was killed by his sister in late 2003. In light of this tragedy, I think we should let him keep this small corner of the Internet, and not complain to Google and have them hand over the blog name to me.

No comments:

Post a Comment