Wednesday, June 9, 2010

"Vacanti and Friends"

By the way, all of these are totally copyrighted so don't even think about it!!
medium: gouache on rodent

I did this for an exhibit April-May at the Space 242 Gallery in Boston's South End. It was hung beside the bar, but I swear I did not take any kind of personality test to have it put there. The inspiration was Charles Vacanti's famous Vacanti mouse, or "earmouse" as it is popularly referred to. Since I am a very famous scientist myself, I took the experiment a bit further and engineered a nosemouse and a mustache mouse, and finally painted the resulting mice. In addition to being very attractive and revered among the mouse community, they are quite obedient, and so I frequently let them play in the backyard of my apartment by themselves. The mouse with a human mustache has contributed immensely towards ending the plight of men who cannot grow mustaches by making mustache transplants available to men 13 and over whose faces do not reject the transplant.

No comments:

Post a Comment